Articles tagged with ‘shop’
The team is still working on ironing out left overs from the update. Although we have tested everything in an offline environment, going live with it usually uncovers new areas of improvement.
We have now fixed the last issues with our shop system. You may have noticed that purchasing was partially not possible – this was caused by changes on the cluster regarding the https used for the shop.
The other main area we are now working on is increasing the performance of the cluster system. Jointly with the hosting company we are going to improve speed. We are not satisfied with the performance, it takes too long to load certain pages. This is annoying and will be fixed with high priority.
Other then that we have resolved the issues present right after we went live with PamFax3 and are seeing that the platform is performing really well with processing fax jobs. As I wrote in an earlier post, the fax delivery performance was one of the main goals that led to the new architecture of PamFax3 – and it is clear that our team has done their homework correctly!
We are proud to announce the availability of the Chinese Yuan (RMB) currency in the Pamela shop (the Pamela for Skype call and video recording solution) and PamFax shop (the easiest online fax solution).
Please note that the currency is only available for China and Malaysian residents.
Yesterday we’ve launched a TrialPay option to the Pamela website shop pages. TrialPay is being offered by many companies like LavaSoft, AVG, Avira, Real, etc. etc.
TrialPay is the only payment method that lets you get a free product with every purchase. Try or buy one offer from name brands and get your original product for free. For example, you can get movie tickets for free when you send flowers, buy clothes, sign up for a DVD rental service and more. TrialPay uses money from the advertiser to pay for your free product.
You can also get great deals with TrialPay’s purchase incentives. For instance, you can get a $20 coupon from a name brand company just by signing up for a weight loss service. Or, spend $50 on clothing at a retailer and get a $25 restaurant gift certificate.
You will get Pamela Professional (worth €19,95) for free when you try or buy an offer from one of the 7,500 TrialPay partners. The advertising partner you transact with pays for your free product. For example, you could get a full license to a software product for free by buying clothes from one of a retail partners—and the retailer will pay the software company for the license.
The terms of each offer vary from totally free to paid or subscription services. Regardless of the offer terms, your initial product and the TrialPay transaction are always totally free. And TrialPay’s customer support is free, too.
Skype has just announced today that the Skype Extras System will not continue. This means no more third-party applications for Skype will be certified and no new extras will be added to the “Tools” -> “Extras” menu in the Skype client. All existing entries will not be removed until the certification period expires. This does not include the Skype Public API which allows third party software to connect to Skype and control some functions and do things like call recording etc. Skype says this API will be maintained in future.
But this shut-down also includes the Skype Credit payment, which will be switched off shortly. No third-party software will then be able to accept Skype Credit payments.
So how does this affect Scendix/PamConsult products? The simple answer is: not very much.
Today we released a PamFax server update which addresses some performance and usability issues we have seen. This update does not require you to re-install PamFax.
ChangeLog PamFax Server 2.0.11.x
- Feature: New links to check if your area code is available for a fax-in number (www.pamfax.biz/en/introduction/fax-number)
- Change: Improved rates calculation on www.pamfax.biz/rates
- Change: Deleted and unpaid faxes are not shown in portal anymore
- Fixed: Bug in document upload module
- Fixed: Bug in selectfile when cancelling open-file dialog
- Fixed: Bug where you could purchase a PamFax Pro Plan and not select an area code on the shopping checkout page
Skype have launched a competition with cool prizes.
Tens of thousands of businesses around the world use Skype to save time, save money and stay ahead – and yours is probably one of them. We’re celebrating the new look for Skype for Business by offering you the opportunity to share your story with the world and win prizes for your business.
For the best stories, we’ll be awarding first, second and third prizes in three regions – EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. The prizes are as follows:
- First: Wins a Skype for Business consultancy service with a Skype for Business employee offering a bespoke solution for their business. The package will include a Business Control Panel account and Skype products up to the value of €1000. Products on offer will include Skype Credit to purchase any pay as you go features, online numbers or subscriptions in addition to Skype Certified hardware products.
- Second: A Business Control Panel account with €200 of Skype Credit and up to €300 of Skype Certified hardware products.
- Third: A Business Control Panel account with €100 of Skype Credit and up to €100 of Skype Certified hardware products.
Sign up here: http://www.skypeforbusinesscompetition.com/go/enter
Dear customers, partners, affiliates and fans, we at PamConsult all wish you a great festive season, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
2008 has been a fanstastic year for us. Some of the highlights…
- Increased revenue by more then 100%
- Completed company consolidation, all software products are now sold via Scendix Software GmbH and all consulting is concentrated in PamConsult GmbH
- Expanded our staff
- Improved our IT infrastructure for future growth
- Major PamFax infrastructure update done in January 2008
- PamFax reached 130.000 users
- In Q2 2009 we plan to release PamFax 2.0 with fax-in and Macintosh support (yeah!)
- Our Pamela for Skype products have seen great user growth with a total of over 5 million downloads
- Pamela for Skype version 4.5 is almost ready to go with exciting new functions and improvements
- Implemented a new and professional shopping platform on PamFax, Pamela and Scendix websites
- mcePhone, the Skype integration tool for Media Center, made it to version 3.0 and will be out of beta soon
- In June we received the Ebay Innovation Award for our Jaast for Wii solution which provides you with Ebay access from your Wii
- With our annual charity BBQ we raised €400 which we double to €800 and give half/half to the “Tafel” in Ebstorf and Freising. These are voluntary projects which provide food supply for poor(er) people.
It has been a fun year. We want to thank you for your continued support and are looking forward to an exciting and successful 2009.
Dick Schiferli & Christoph Bünger
After months of work and testing, we released a major PamFax update yesterday. We worked hard to upgrade the whole system to a new framework “under the hood”. This enables us to add new features better and a lot faster in the future.
But we also added some new features for you:
- PamFax Business Control Panel: With the PamFax Business Control Panel (also called “BCP”), you can group multiple PamFax users together and control the credits of these users from one account. This is perfect for companies, where only one user buys all the PamFax Credit and controls how many credit the employees get. You can manually send PamFax Credit to the users of your BCP and also set a minimum amount of PamFax Credit your BCP users need. So now, your employees never run out of PamFax Credit and do not need to hassle with payments on their own; all payments can be done through one administrator Pamfax account.
- PamFax Vista Sidebar Gadget: With this gadget, you can see the status of your last faxes, access the PamFax Portal very quick and even start sending a fax more easy:
- Send to more recipients at once: you can now send a fax to more then 1000 recipients at once. The “multiple recipients” input box now allows to add more numbers and PamFax processes these recipient numbers much, much faster. Sending ads or invitations to lots of recipients is now a breeze with PamFax!
- New installer: We heard your requests about a more flexible installation and improved the PamFax installer: you are now able to select if you want to add desktop icons, install the PamFax printer driver and/or add the Microsoft Office toolbar buttons while installing. The installer is now localized to the major languages as well. So you should feel more comfortable when installing PamFax.
- Use Amazon payments worldwide: You can now use your credit card or other payment data stored in your Amazon account to pay for your faxes in PamFax from all over the world. This feature was introduced in PamFax only to US-citizens some time ago and is now available to everyone. Amazon payments is a very nice payment option, as there is no minimal payment amount and as it’s very secure: you do not have to give us any credit card data if you don’t want to. The payment is handled by Amazon, the faxes are processed and sent by PamFax.
We also analyzed hundreds of logs, test reports and requests to improve PamFax in a lot of minor functions. PamFax should be more stable than ever now and work faster then before.
The website was also updated: all screenshots and texts are up-to-date and the rates-page now also shows all the possibilities from the webshop and lets you select your currency. The FAQ system is currently overworked as well: expect a very flexible modern system that allows you to find the answers to your questions very easy. This will be updated on the website shortly.
Just let us know if you have any issues or other feedback.
Due to the summer holiday season the blog has been a bit quiet, but don’t be fooled. We are working hard on major projects that will launch after the holiday season is over.
First of all we are currently finalizing a major PamFax overhaul. This is neccessary due to the many changes and new features added since lauch in August 2007. Those areas that were not yet using our latest platform architecture have been ported to that. The result is more flexibility for future enhancements and a slight increase in performance on the user side as well as improves server utilization.
Most importantly though we have sort of silently launched the new PamFax credit packs and the Pro Plan. These are available via the new store at www.pamfax.biz/shop. The packs provide you with a significant discount and the Pro Plan also makes faxing really attractive. The Pay As You Go prices have been lowered as we were able to negotiate better rates due to the increased volume. Keep faxing and we’ll try to keep pushing the prices down!
With the mentioned platform update we will also make available a new function for business users called the PamFax Business Control Panel. Very similar to the BCP you have at Skype, our BCP allows you to create a group and add Skypenames to the group to provide them with PamFax credit. We also provide the owner of the group with a set of tools to control the account, auto top up users, add/remove users and a lot more. This is a great function for companies using Skype with PamFax. And the good news, using the PamFax BCP is totally free!
We are working on a new Pamela for Skype release (4.5) which has two main new functions. One is a call scheduler which allows you to schedule Skype calls and Pamela will remind you of them automatically. Never miss a call anymore! The other function is automatic conference call manager. Ever needed to join or initiate a conference call and either the time zone or other commitments did not allow you to be at the PC? Well, now Pamela will help you with that. So, stay tuned for more news as the release date comes closer (yes, I wrote a post few months ago saying the same but we want to make sure the new release is as solid as possible).
Our Pamela Call Recorder product already has an update made public. Version 4.5 can be downloaded for free from www.pamcorder.com. Pamela Call Recorder is available in Skype under the tools menu and then Do More (just like PamFax). We’re going to release a minor update shortly with an automatic version check module facilitate an auto-update function. This is important as we want to inform people when there are new releases.
We at PamConsult wish everyone a relaxing holiday season and you will hear from us again shortly.
Due to the significant growth in PamFax revenue we are able to lower the standard “Pay As You Go” by 17%. This means the page price has dropped from €0,17 to €0,14 per page. The other zones where lowered accordingly. The new rates make PamFax the most attractive “no strings attached” fax sending platform.
Based on users feedback we have added two new fax plans. Next to “Pay As You Go” we intorduced “PamFax Professional Plan” and pre-paid packs.
The new plan “PamFax Professional Plan” provides a 35% discount on the standard rates for only €2,95 per month. Ideal for companies sending faxes regularly and who want to save significantly. The page price starts at €0,09 for zone1.
Packs are pre-paid and start at €30 up to €1.000. The discount on the standard page price starts with 5% when buying €30 credit and goes up to 40% when buying €1.000 credit. Ideal when you need to send a bulk fax or plan to send many faxes at once or in a short timeframe. Note that, unlike with our competitors, purchased packs do not expire within a month.
The plan and packs can be purchased at the new PamFax shop located at www.pamfax.biz/shop.
With the three fax sending options (Pay As You Go, PamFax Professional Plan and the packs), everyone can save substantially when using PamFax. Start with “Pay As You Go” and then you may consider to purchase the plan or a pack. In any case we want to offer the best and easiest faxing platform and the most attractive rates.
Please send in any feedback regarding above plans and how we can help you be more efficient and productive.
In the light of the above new offers we released a new server and client update. The big change in the new client is the improved startup speed. We had some complaints from users where the startup time of the PamFax application was very long, too long. So we changed that and the new .34 client build will startup a lot faster.
Until Skype release the new version in the extras gallery the update needs to be done manually by downloading and running the setup from www.pamfax.biz. Once Skype have published the new version the update will be automatic when you next start the PamFax application.
We hope you enjoy using our service and as always appreciate your feedback. Stay tuned for more cool stuff soon!