Articles tagged with ‘Scendix’
ScanWorks Software, capture technology specialist, has announced a partnership with Scendix Software. This partnership allows using PamFax service and send faxes directly from the browser based CloudScan scan application.
CloudScan is a free web application that allows scanning documents from any Twain compatible scanner. It provides familiar Microsoft Office style ribbon interface and very simple way to get digital copies of documents or pictures. CloudScan can be successfully used on a single workstation as a full featured scan application. CloudScan solution can be used in home and office networks and allows doing remote scan operations without driver or application installations on all workstations. This way CloudScan allows sharing a single scanner across organization or household.
PamFax is well known for its simple usage and broad support. PamFax is available via any internet browser and additionally as download for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, webOS, iPhone and Android. The PamFax application provides worldwide coverage and is very easy to use. No messing with emails, attachments etc. but a nice and simple web based interface.
“By using CloudScan with PamFax service all users will be able to send faxes in familiar environment without hardware or IT costs. Any regular mainstream web browser is the only requirement and secure and flexible fax service is available for everyone in your organization or at home”, continues Andrew Lekenko, Senior Consultant at ScanWorks Software
“PamFax is a globally established fax solution with a business focused customer base. Therefore Scanworks decision to fit together an effortless scanner solution with our professional fax solution makes us proud. We are looking forward to providing the Cloudscan users with a high satisfaction fax service.” comments Dick Schiferli, CEO Scendix Software.
Scendix Software states that ScanWorks CloudScan will be an excellent addition to its integration portfolio that will allow faxing hardcopy documents in addition to current input methods for electronic documents.
Product page link: http://www.scanworkssoftware.com/cloudscan.aspx
PamFax website: http://www.pamfax.biz
The entire team at PamConsult wishes everyone a healthy, peaceful and successful new year. We enjoyed 2009 a lot, thank you for your trust in our services and are looking forward to 2010 with a lot of new things.
Skype has just announced today that the Skype Extras System will not continue. This means no more third-party applications for Skype will be certified and no new extras will be added to the “Tools” -> “Extras” menu in the Skype client. All existing entries will not be removed until the certification period expires. This does not include the Skype Public API which allows third party software to connect to Skype and control some functions and do things like call recording etc. Skype says this API will be maintained in future.
But this shut-down also includes the Skype Credit payment, which will be switched off shortly. No third-party software will then be able to accept Skype Credit payments.
So how does this affect Scendix/PamConsult products? The simple answer is: not very much.
As of May 1st, Google Checkout will radically change their costing structure making it a very expensive service. We have decided to discontinue this payment option in all of our stores (Pamela, PamFax, Scendix) which is unfortunate as the service works really well.
We will replace this payment option with MoneyBookers.
Dear customers, partners, affiliates and fans, we at PamConsult all wish you a great festive season, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
2008 has been a fanstastic year for us. Some of the highlights…
- Increased revenue by more then 100%
- Completed company consolidation, all software products are now sold via Scendix Software GmbH and all consulting is concentrated in PamConsult GmbH
- Expanded our staff
- Improved our IT infrastructure for future growth
- Major PamFax infrastructure update done in January 2008
- PamFax reached 130.000 users
- In Q2 2009 we plan to release PamFax 2.0 with fax-in and Macintosh support (yeah!)
- Our Pamela for Skype products have seen great user growth with a total of over 5 million downloads
- Pamela for Skype version 4.5 is almost ready to go with exciting new functions and improvements
- Implemented a new and professional shopping platform on PamFax, Pamela and Scendix websites
- mcePhone, the Skype integration tool for Media Center, made it to version 3.0 and will be out of beta soon
- In June we received the Ebay Innovation Award for our Jaast for Wii solution which provides you with Ebay access from your Wii
- With our annual charity BBQ we raised €400 which we double to €800 and give half/half to the “Tafel” in Ebstorf and Freising. These are voluntary projects which provide food supply for poor(er) people.
It has been a fun year. We want to thank you for your continued support and are looking forward to an exciting and successful 2009.
Dick Schiferli & Christoph Bünger
- The PamFax Windows Vista Sidebar Gadget was just published to the Windows Live gallery (see PamFax Gadget details page). Give it a try and experience a complete new feeling and comfort of sending faxes.
- In the next three days, Dick and myself will be in Athens, Greece at the Skype Developer Days 2008. This is a great yearly event and always a great opportunity to meet the Skype staff and a lot of interesting people working with Skype. After Prague, Czech Republic back in 2007 and Tallin, Estland in 2006, we are really looking forward to visit Athens this year for this event.
- TapiRex updated: We finally managed to update TapiRex to version 1.7.2. This update fixes some problems like the error message after wakeup, reverse lookup in Canada, …
Just download and install the newest version from the downloadpage.
We also started an experiment with Open Source: the next version of mceTapiRex has been published as Open Source. We have uploaded the complete source code of the current development version of mceTapiRex V2 to CodePlex: Open mceTapiRexV2 on CodePlex. We hope that many developers join us to develop this very nice TapiRex plugin to the next stage. If this works well, we can start thinking of making other components of the TapiRex system open source…
Our company continues to grow: welcome to our two newest team members in our development office in Ebstorf, Germany:
Horst will do customer support for all products (Pamela, PamFax, Scendix Software) and will also be our “face” on fares and exhibitions. Some of you might already know him as he already worked from time to time for us at Cebit and other fares.
Michael is a PHP develeoper who will add his experience to various projects we are currently working on.
PamFax finally passed the Skype certification: Now you can be sure that this add-on for Skype does what we promise and is of high quality. The certification-team at Skype did some very intense tests of PamFax and also helped us improve PamFax.
We are very proud to welcome our fourth add-on for Skype in the “Skype certified” family: Pamela for Skype was the first add-on that passed this certification by Skype at all, then our mcePhone for Skype was the second one, Pamela Call Recorder for Skype (which is also Skype Premium directly under Tools -> Do More in every Skype) and now there is also PamFax for Skype as Skype certified add-on application.
Is there any other company out there which has 4 Skype add-ons certified by Skype?